National Marina Day and Rendezvous
Friday June 13 and Saturday June 14, 2014
Featuring Chip Hanauer, The Boat Guy
Last year’s Marina Day at Bremerton Marina was such a success that this year we decided to extend it and make it a weekend-long event and rendezvous. Boaters who choose to arrive on Friday night, June 13, will be treated to a private complimentary showing of Pirates of the Caribbean at the nearby SEEfilm Theatre (located just two blocks from the marina), post-show live music onboard the historic MV Kirkland in the marina, and free moorage on Saturday night. Saturday is chock full of activities, including: presentations from legendary hydroplane racer Chip Hanauer; Waggoner Cruising Guide publisher Mark Bunzel; Bremerton Sail and Power Squadron classes, including an all day course for obtaining a Washington State Boater Education Card; complimentary boat inspections, live music, a beer garden and more.
“Marina Day is such a wonderful celebration of all things boating,” said Jim Rothlin, CEO, Port of Bremerton.“We love showing off our beautiful jewel of a marina and its surrounding vibrant community to boaters and non-boaters alike, and encourage everyone to come join in the festivities.”
Activities and festivities include:
Friday June 13
- Pay for Friday night moorage and receive Saturday free (reservations required, electricity not included)
Moorage includes complimentary 21+ private showing of Pirates of the Caribbean at SEEfilm Bremerton Cinema (available to the first 75 boaters to register)
- No host VIP Lounge opens at 4:00pm
- Movie showing at 5:00pm
- Live Music on board the historic MV Kirkland in the Bremerton Marina at 8:00pm
Saturday June 14
Mark Bunzel presentation:10:30am ̶ 11:30am
- Bunzel, editor and publisher of the Waggoner Cruising Guide, visits about 175 marinas every season to update the Waggoner, often referred to as the ‘bible for Northwest cruising’. Bunzel will be presenting some of the favorite destinations of the Waggoner Cruising Guide and why you may want to include them on your cruise itinerary.
Chip Hanauer, The Boat Guy, presentation:11:30am ̶ 12:30pm
- Hydroplane racing legend and NW boating personality Chip ‘The Boat Guy’ Hanauer expounds the joys of living in the Pacific Northwest and taking advantage of our beautiful waterways. His witty talk, "It's Not About The Boat, It's About The Float," encourages everyone to get out and have fun on the water, regardless of your maritime craft.
Bremerton Sail and Power Squadron classes
- Knot Tying, Anchoring Techniques, Predicted Log: 10:00am–11:00am and 1:00pm–2:00pm
- Working With a Marlinspike, Engine Maintenance, Wisdom for Women Boaters:11:00am̶ Noon and 2:00pm–3:00pm
- Docking in Strong Currents: 12:30–1:30pm
- An all day boater education class will be taught from 9am to 4pm. State law requires operators of motorboats with 15 horsepower or greater to take a safety education class and obtain a boater education card. Taught by certified instructors this course will prepare you to pass the state exam. Advanced registration is required by contacting the marina office. A fee of $45 applies to this class.
Children's Sea Life Touch Tank: 10:00am–11:00am and 2:00pm–3:00pm
- Get acquainted with our neighbors here in Puget Sound. Scuba divers will be in the water giving demonstrations.
- Scuba diving in Puget Sound – divers onsite will share their secret hot spots
- Beer garden onboard the historic MV Kirkland: Noon–4:30pm
- Live music: 3:00pm–4:30pm
All Day – Beginning at 10:00am
- Tour a Coast Guard 45' Incident Response Ship, police boats from Port Orchard, Bainbridge Island, Kitsap County Sheriff, and State of Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Food samples, merchandise and dining offers from local restaurants
- Boat Open House - View 20 new and used boats from Ranger Tug and Emerald City Yachts
- Vessel safety checks by Bremerton Sail and Power Squadron
Bremerton Marina gratefully acknowledges the support of its sponsors of Marina Day
Port of Bremerton
City of Bremerton
SEEfilm Bremerton Cinema
Bremerton Bar & Grill
BREMERTON MARINA INTRODUCES........
THE OLYMPIC PENINSULA CRUISING CLUB
As a tenant at the Bremerton Marina, you get to enjoy reciprocal privileges throughout the Puget Sound including:
Home Port Marina, Pleasant Harbor - This facility is centrally located on Hood Canal and is the perfect location to enjoy the shrimping season in May. It is within walking distance to a well-stocked store and restaurant.
Port Hadlock Marina near Port Townsend - Conveniently located at the south end of Port Townsend Bay, this is the perfect pit stop before heading to the San Juan Islands and beyond. Kayak rental available should you choose to explore!
Emerald Yachts Dock at Gig Harbor Marina - Enjoy one of the most perfectly protected harbors in all of Puget Sound. This prime location offers incredible views, shops, galleries, antiques, the Tides Tavern and much more!
SIGN UP for moorage TODAY and start planning your summer fun!
We invite you to discover and explore the Bremerton Marina!
Contact Us: 360-373-1035
AFFORDABLE MOORAGE WITH EASY ACCESS FROM SEATTLE!
Welcome to the Bremerton Marina. Our state of the art marina offers 220 permanent slips available on a month to month basis, as well as room for 80-100 visiting boaters. You may choose to make Bremerton your “home away from home”, or just visit us for the weekend and enjoy one of the many festivals or events that take place on the waterfront. Our convenient location next to the Washington State Ferry makes it an easy commute to Seattle and highly desirable to folks who live on their boats – yes, we do accept and welcome live aboard tenants!
Customer service is our number one priority. Let us know how we’re doing when you stop by the marina office, or email us your thoughts and suggestions anytime. We will go out of our way to make your boating experience the best!
We think you will be amazed by the changes at the New Bremerton Marina. From our very affordable moorage rates and tenant moorage incentives, to the charm and beauty of the revitalized downtown area, we invite you to Discover Your Port of Adventure – the Bremerton Marina! Use the links in the menu bar above for further information.
Visit destinationbremertonwaterfront.com to learn more about World Class Golf Courses,The Kitsap Conference Center, transportation, lodging and more on the Bremerton waterfront.
Schedule for Bremerton-Port Orchard Foot Ferry: http://www.portorchard.com/footferry